Experts advise that those who want to learn how to sew must start off using a high-quality machine. But what is the best sewing machine for beginners? If you are thinking of getting used – yet branded – machine online because you believe that this will give you a better learning experience, think again. You do not want to deal with mechanical problems and worn-out user guide at a time when you should be focusing on making your first project. It’s not even necessary to buy an advanced piece of equipment because as starter, you do not really need superior features; you only have to learn the basics – at least for the meantime. To avoid complexities, choose the machine that has the simplest features yet packed with useful functionalities – the Janome Magnolia 7318 Sewing Machine.
The Janome Magnolia 7318 Sewing Machine boasts of its ultimate functionality and easy-to-use features. It can help you begin and complete various projects (such as home decor, quilting, crafting, and others) with ease. The Magnolia 7318 includes uncomplicated electronic features and highlights the precision, power, and reliability you expect from a machine. It fits your budget and lifestyle.
- It makes use of manual thread tension control to better understand proper tension and equal tension (for both top and bottom stitches) so the thread will flow as you sew with no trouble.
- The reverse button lets you do backstitch to lock seams and to help you stop a stitch pattern before it is completed.
- For stitch selection, turn the dial to choose which stitch to use.
- The bobbin winder is a push-pull type that lets you pull the hand wheel out to make it lock and then push it back into its place soon as the bobbin is loaded with thread.
- Its hook type, top loading full rotary hook bobbin, offers easy access and visibility when loading the bobbin.
- Explore your creativity with 18 types of stitches to work on.
- Free arm allows you to work on curved and small pieces easily.
- Maximum stitch width is 5mm and maximum stitch length is 4mm.
- Snap-on presser foot, drop feed, one four-step buttonhole, 5-piece feed dog, and extra high presser foot lift are the other features that will help you learn the basics of sewing and will allow you to move from simple to advanced projects
- The instruction book is well-written and easy to follow that it is not a big challenge for novices to start sewing already.
- It may be made for beginners, but users can do small and big projects from this sewing machine – from small bags, pillow cases, and apron to tutu dresses and quilts
- The equipment does not jam up even if the fabric or the thread gets bunched up.
- It has a tiny storage drawer underneath; it is where sewers keep bobbins, presser feet, and other tools.
- Some people used to complain about thread tension in their old sewing machines but confided that they are relieved because there’s no such thing as thread tension in Janome Magnolia 7318 Sewing Machine.
- This is not only ideal for beginners; this is also best for occasional sewers.
- Some clients find it a bit pricey from other sewing machines that offer the same functionality.
- Thread comes out of the tension loop, but with re-threading, the issue is resolved.
- The machine can’t sew through thicker cotton fabric, even with the use of correct needles.
- It makes loud buzzing sound.
After giving much thought to the question “What is the best sewing machine for beginners?” another product that you can consider is the Singer 4411 Heavy Duty Extra-High Sewing Speed Sewing Machine.
The Singer 4411 is made of heavy-duty metal frame, extra-high sewing speed, stainless steel bedplate, and powerful motor to support your first project until you have gained enough learning and confidence to do advanced pieces of work. The extra-high sewing speed feature lets you do 1,100 stitches each minute, giving you faster results. The metal frame keeps the machine at a standstill to make sewing skip-free. To keep sewing even, the stainless steel bed plate ensures smooth fabric feed.
The Singer 4411 boasts of its top features:
- Top drop-in bobbin with clear view cover to make insertion and removal hassle-free
- Create buttonholes in four simple steps
- Adjustable presser foot pressure control to easily work from lightweight to heavy cloth
- Drop feed lowers feed dogs for sewing buttons, monograms, and embroidery
What is the best sewing machine for beginners? It is the machine that offers new users the functionality that they need and the features that can make their sewing experience trouble-free.