The Janome 2212 Sewing Machine is a quality product in the entry level model segment by the brand. Featured with 12 built-in stitches and a 4 step buttonhole the sewing machine is fully mechanical. All there is dial pattern selection capability with stitch width and length adjustment feature.
Perhaps you will want to look at the Janome Magnolia 7318 Sewing Machine as well
Features Of The Janome 2212 Sewing Machine
The Janome 2212 Sewing Machine comes with features that are simply unmatched. There is front loading bobbin for easy refilling and free arm for easy handling. Making patterns and stitching is really fast all because of its 860 spm dial pattern selector. With inbuilt tools like manual tension control, built-in thread cutter and snap-on presser feet stitching was never easier than this. There is 12 Stitches, 4 step button hole which gives freedom for zigzag width adjustment up to 5mm, stitch length adjustment up to 4mm and 0-2.5 mm for reverse stitching. Additionally there are 2 retractable, vertical spool pins making stitching easier. There is push-pull bobbin winder provided. You can opt for optional soft cover.
Specifications Of The Janome 2212
- Inbuilt 12 stitches and a four-step buttonhole
- Easy stitch width adjustment up to 5mm max. and length adjustment up to 4 mm max.
- 5-piece feed dog providing free motion and easy quilting
- Snap on presser feet with lift
- Vertical oscillating hook bobbin with push-pull bobbin winder
- Powered by 110 volt machine and dial pattern selection
- Measures 17” x 9” x 13.5” and weighs 15.6 pounds
- Limited 25 Year Warranty offered by Janome America, Inc.
In the box you get Blind foot, Bobbin, Buttonhole foot, Foot control, Instruction book, Needle set, Screwdriver, Seam ripper, Vinyl dust cover and Zipper foot.
Benefits Of The Janome 2212 Sewing Machine
The Janome 2212 Sewing Machine comes with a free arm enabling easy control while stitching. With the representational stitch chart it is easy to choose from 12 stitches which are built-in in the machine. The reverse level makes stitch locking a task of few seconds. Choosing a stitch from the 12 built-in types is swift with the large stitch selector dial. The maximum stitch width possible with the machine is 5mm and maximum stitch length possible is 4 mm making it easier to use machine for custom purpose. Needle plate is made from durable and rusting free material. It is light weighted and ergonomically designed to provide easy sewing experience. These benefits make the Janome 2212 Sewing Machine a leader in its domain.
Another option is the Janome DC1050 Computerized Sewing Machine.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does buying the Janome 2212 Sewing Machine from Amazon have the warranty?
Yes, absolutely as Amazon is the authorized for selling the Janome 2212 Sewing Machine. Machine bought through Amazon will be covered under limited 25 years warranty by the company.
- Is there Automatic Threading feature in this machine?
No, The Janome 2212 Sewing Machine does not supports automatic threading.
- Can I get it delivered on international shipping?
No, international shipping is not supported on this product.
- Does it works outside US?
No, the 110-volt machine used in the Janome 2212 Sewing Machine is designed to suit the power supply in US only. It is not compatible with other power supply frequencies.
- Is the machine suitable for a beginner?
- Does it works on denim and stretchy fabrics?
Pros and Cons
The Janome 2212 Sewing Machine is suitable for all age group of users. It comes with all the necessary features to make it a complete stitching and sewing solution.
Among the major pros included are:
- It is an ideal machine for beginners. Made by one of the best 3 sewing machine makers in the world, this machine is highly durable and can be used by anyone. Making use of the instruction manual it is really easy to learn the basics. Spare needles and bobbins are provided.
- It is light weight and can be used to work on any kind of fabric including nylon, polyester, fleece and rayon.
- It works swiftly on stretchy fabrics as well as on denim.
- Doing button holes is easy and simple with the machine.
- You can work out many patterns and varying size of stitches with the Janome 2212 Sewing Machine as it comes with 12 inbuilt stitches and a dial for easy stitch selection.
On the down side there are few cons, like:
- There is no automatic threading.
- There is no “stop in down” feature in the machine and the location of needle is controlled by the hand wheel or foot pedal.
- It cannot be used for sewing heavy materials like leather.
People are blogging about the Janome 2212 Sewing Machine:
Tue, 07 Jul 2015 14:23:10 -0700
Janome 2212 Sewing Machine. 2212 Features: -Front loading bobbin and free arm.-Speeds up to 860 spm dial pattern selector.-Manual tension control.-Snap-on presser feet,built-in thread cutter.-12 Stitches,4 step button …
Mon, 22 Jun 2015 08:50:20 -0700
The Janome 2212 is an uncomplicated, yet high quality quality sewing machine that provides professional results. See pictures and read our full review here!
Overall the Janome 2212 Sewing Machine is ideal for beginners as well as suitable for experienced users. It is light weight yet durable and long lasting. Covered with 25 years limited lifetime warranty it is offered by one of the 3 best sewing machine makers in the world. Working on heavy materials like leather is not possible with this machine but at the price it is offered it’s a great deal for gifting option, personal use and for teaching students.
- Needlework makes a comeback and its younger women leading the way - Daily Mail
- Sewing machine manufacturer Janome stitches together a new e-commerce strategy - InternetRetailer.com (press release) (registration) (blog)
- Guild to hear about sewing machine repair, maintenance - Fremont Tribune
- Which? poll reveals the best sewing machine brands - Which?