Welcome to our review of the Brother HC1850 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine. I will look at the features, benefits, the Pros and Cons and then give my conclusion as to whether the Brother HC1850 is worth your money.
When shopping around for a computerized sewing and quilting machine, you have to think primarily of these factors: quality, reliability, features, and affordability (or reasonableness of price). All of these will ensure your complete enjoyment in your projects. Not all products have these four elements, thus you are fortunate to have found Brother HC1850 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine. Because it is from Brother, you’ll never doubt its quality. As for reliability, the features will speak for themselves (adjustable sewing speed), brightly-lit work area and LCD screen, wide table to give you extra space you need for large fabrics, 130 built-in stitches, and many more). With all these features and with its market price, you can easily say that it is reasonably priced:
✅Brother HC1850 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine Features
- Brightly lit and large LCD screen
- LED-lit work station
- Built-in sewing font for monogramming (1) with numbers 0 to 9, letters A to Z, specialty symbols (8), and punctuation marks
- Easy-to-adjust sewing speed
- Wide table for extra space
- Automatic needle threader for trouble-free threading
- Flip chart placed on the machine
- Fast- and easy-to-set bobbin
- Detachable wide table
- Package includes 1) wide range of presser feet: monogramming foot, zigzag foot, zipper foot, overcasting foot, quilting foot, buttonhole foot, blind stitch foot, and button sewing foot; 2) foot controller pedal 3) accessory pouch: screw driver, 3 bobbins, eyelet punch; 3) English/Spanish operation manual and instructional DVD; and 4) spool caps, 3-piece needle set, twin needle, seam ripper, ball point needle, and cleaning brush
- Drop feed system that enables free-motion quilting
- Can be operated with or without foot by using foot controller or machine controls
- Outstanding feed system
- Free phone support
- Five year limited warranty
- Trouble-free bobbin winding
How You Will Benefit From Owning The Brother HC1850
- With the large display screen of Brother HC1850, it becomes easier for sewists (especially those who are in their 30s and up) to view the selections when they push the stitch selectors.
- With the work area brightly lighted, you will not experience difficulty sewing dark fabrics or checking out details of your project.
- The equipment’s integrated sewing font allows you to do basic monogramming, making your project more creative or personalized.
- This machine lets you choose the sewing speed you prefer using the stitch speed slide control. This feature is especially helpful if you are a new to sewing.
- Most sewists require wider table so they can move the cloth freely when working on bigger projects or quilts. Fortunately, this equipment offers just the right thing they ask for – wider table.
- You will no longer feel burdened inserting the needle into the eye with this computerized sewing and quilting machine from Brother because it has automatic needle threader to do this task for you.
- With flip chart situated right on the sewing machine, it is convenient for you to choose which stitch to use. You only have to look on your right and the built-in stitches are right there.
- Start fast and easy with Brother HC1850 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine. Simply drop the bobbin then pull the thread on the slot.
- You can work on a lot of designs with 130 built-in stitches: garment construction stitches (42), quilting stitch functions (14), decorative stitch tasks (94), heirloom stitch functions (12), and auto buttonhole styles (8).
- In case your feet are already tired, you have the option to stop using the foot controller and shift to using the controls on the machine.
- Sewing becomes so easy and smooth regardless of the fabric with its excellent feed system.
- You can showcase your creativity in your quilting projects using this quilting machine because of its drop feed system.
- Bobbin winding is no longer a nightmare, thus sewing becomes more enjoyable. Simply put the thread in place then shift the bobbin to the right, click ‘Start’ and the bobbin will wind by itself faster.
- The DVD included in the package makes it easier for buyers to set it up and for them to become familiar with the functions.
- This quilting machine is best for new and experienced quilters as this will help them do feather stitch and other amazing stitches.
- In case you change your mind, you can shift from one stitch design to another by simply pushing the button.
Pros And Cons
- Users are thankful that Brother HC1850 has controls that allow them to sew and quilt without the need to use the foot pedal. This is especially helpful for people who have concerns on their feet or leg muscles.
- It is easy to use; just shift the presser up or down, begin your seam. Afterwards, stop and raise the presser foot. This shows that you are in full control and not the machine as you can adjust the speed and choose the buttons to use.
- It is not as heavy as the other sewing and quilting machines.
- The price is reasonable for its quality, functions, usefulness, and others.
- The number of stitches available are far too many than competitions; same with the functions.
- Best for casual sewists who make small crafts and children’s clothes.
- The drop feed is excellent for quilters.
- For its price, it already offers value to your money with its features, design stitches, and feet.
- For a beginning sewist, this tool can already let your creative juices flow.
- It’s excellent for making quilts (like quilted purses and handbags), curtains, pillow cases, and tablecloths.
- The instructional book of Brother HC1850 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine is very helpful. It is easy to read and understand.
- The stitches are amazing and easy to do.
- It lets users have control over your projects and the extension table is remarkable as it makes it easier to sew large fabrics.
- The needle’s up and down feature is perfect when you have to reposition the cloth. The bobbin winder works great as well.
- Working on the letters and numbers are so easy.
- One user said that it is not as durable and as stable as expected.
- Clunking sound is heard inside the bobbin case each time it is used.
- The thread gets knotted.
- It only supports cotton and other lightweight fabric.
- It lacks the changeable presser foot.
- Sewing curves is difficult; the fabric (cotton) stretches when supposed to be, it should only move smoothly under the foot.
- The light is not as bright as advertised.
- When the user lifted the presser foot lever, it did not stay up as it went back down automatically. He requested for a replacement, but when it came, it had the same problem.
- Plastic parts look inexpensive, according to one user, but this is something that he can accept because of its price and because it works well – initially. However, it vibrates whenever he sews faster and he feels like the feet are uneven. The bobbin winder does not work properly as well. He decided to return it.
- In only a year and a half, Brother HC1850 already required replacement of lower shaft because the hand wheel became difficult to turn, which in turn stopped the sewing machine from operating.
- It jams on thicker fabrics that it will become possible to make or repair thick blanket or denim.
- The embroidery is not consistent with its function. For instance, before the user even finished the word SCHOOL, the size of L became uneven.
- Some users think that vintage sewing machines still work better than this.
- Upon seeing the entire make of the equipment, one user admitted to not having a lot of confidence; it doubts its durability.
- Auto threader broke easily. The buyer bought another one and broke it again.
✅Here Is My Conclusion
From among the long list of sewing and quilting machines available in the market, it’s Brother HC1850 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine that stands out. It is packed with features and something that new and experienced sewists can count on. It promotes ease of use, which is the primary concern of buyers like you. With 130 built-in stitches, who will not want to buy Brother HC1850? It also allows you to do basic monogramming, as well as decorative stitching, quilting, buttonholes sewing, crafting, and others. Isn’t that flexibility at its best? Regardless if you are a newbie or an expert sewist, this will already suit your needs. If your feet are tired, but you still have to work, you have the option to use the controls of the equipment instead. Because good lighting is also essential, you’ll appreciate this model as the work area is well-lit. This sewing machine is available at reasonable price and is of high quality, being manufactured by Brother International Corporation, the leader in offering ground-breaking products for sewing experts and enthusiasts. You may also check out their other products, such Brother SE400, Brother XM2701, and Brother CS6000I.